Sunglasses have been an accessory of protection and fashion since 1913. Everyone has them, everyone needs them. But are your sunglasses providing all the benefits they could? Today’s premium sunglasses provide many protective and functionality benefits you haven’t seen in the cheap ones you picked up at the checkout counter of the gas station.
YOUR SUNGLASS MUST-HAVES
- Protection from ultraviolet rays. The retina and cornea are susceptible to damage from exposure to UV light. Lower-end sunglasses may have a “blocks UV rays” sticker but that doesn’t mean they’re offering full UV protection. Sunglasses that only block a portion of the light of the UVA/UVB spectrum are worse than wearing no sunglasses. These sunglasses cause your iris to open wider than normal, allowing more light to enter your eye. If you’re not blocking all the UV, you’re exposing your eyes to higher levels of UV light.
- Protection from bright lights. Bright light isn’t good for your eyes, it causes you to squint which puts strain on your eye. Dark lenses do not automatically mean your eyes are protected. Many cheap sunglasses stop very little light from entering the lenses which can lead to photokeratitis, which is like having a sunburn on your eye.
- Visual Enhancement. Some lenses improve color and contrast, while others just look cool. The right tint on your lenses allows them to perform better during various activities and in different environments.
- Protection upon impact. When we think of sunglasses, protection from the sun is the first thing that comes to mind but protection against accidents and injuries is also important. Low-end lenses crack and scratch easily. Your shades should be strong and made from high-quality materials that will protect your face and eyes from physical impacts and potentially dangerous debris.
- Polarized lenses are also a good idea. Polarized lenses filter out horizontal light waves that bounce off reflective surfaces like glass, water, road surfaces and snow. Polarized lenses are helpful in every activity from driving to hunting, fishing, and riding your bike.
ONE LENS TO RULE THEM ALL
When it comes to high-quality at an affordable price, Wiley X checks every box.
- Every pair of sunglasses offers 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays and were designed to block glare. They shield your eyes from overexposure to sunlight during any outdoor activity.
- Every Wiley X lens is made of shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate. It is the strongest and thinnest plastic for glasses on the market. They are optimized to protect your eyes from high-mass and high-velocity impacts.
- High-quality polarized lenses are available with most glasses. Wiley X’s CAPTIVATE technology filters out varying light, increases clarity and definition with vivid detail and vibrant contrast. CAPTIVATE lenses are polarized and come in multiple colors to provide situation-specific benefits.
Wiley X sunglasses look great and they’re affordable. They have all the features that shield your eyes from danger and many to options enhance visual clarity completely.